Friday, August 8, 2008

Ready or Not

My first attempt at blog life. What part of me thought I would have time to contribute to a blog? Hoping this will offer me a way to keep in touch and stay sane by venting--even if no one reads this. I may not be the most productive blogger ever but here goes. . .

Yesterday was the last day of vacation bible school and, while we had a lot of fun, we are all exhausted and ready for normal bedtimes. Emma had so much fun and has been listening to the music from VBS constantly. We are getting to know the songs pretty well by now ;) Emma made a few new friends that will be in her Kindergarten class though it took a little encouraging on my part. You may be surprised to know that Emma is actually pretty shy when it comes to meeting new people and she was nervous because she only knew a few kids to start with. As we were saying our family prayers at bedtime Tuesday night, Emma asked God to "please help me not be nervous when I ask people to be my friend" Oh, if only it were that easy for me! We are so ready for the weekend. I have a date with the DVR tonight. Project Runway season 5 - Love It.

No comments: