Thursday, January 7, 2010

Good Stuff

Is anyone there?

Here is a recap of the past few months!
Emma spends lots of time being crafty lately. Tons of cards, pictures, projects, and experiments. She needs gallery space.
Family game night made a come-back.Umm, no. Not gonna happen. Maybe next year...Definitely one of my favorite holiday traditions. Emma was thrilled to be able to set up the nativity all by herself. I am happy to report that I didn't make a single adjustment. I can't say the same for Phil-cat. Keeping him away from the decorations was a full time job.
Another favorite tradition. Krispy kreme doughnuts at Emma's school party. The snowman didn't have a chance.We had 7 Christmas celebrations to attend this year. Quite a lot and made me work to remember that time spent with family is something to be cherished, and not managed. We really tried to slow down this year and enjoy the moment. Very cold trip to Chigaco to see Alli and visit Shedd Aquarium. Oh, look at that family with the matching outfits. How cute. Umm, not. Let's try to make sure that doesn't happen again, k?The obsession begins. One of the favorite gifts of '09 for sure. Can't wait to share this passion with you, my dear.And this is what happens if you refuse to give me a normal smile when I try to take your picture. Dear Dad, next time just say cheese. Love, your daughter-you know, the one with the camera attached to her hip. And this is what happens when you do smile for the camera! Alli and Alex. Thanks for the fun day and the warm place to hang out. Oh, so cozy! Love it!
2009 was a good year. Thank you for all the prayers. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends supporting us.

Rather than one new year's resolution that I would give up by February, here are my goals for 2010:

-Care less about what other people think and more about what my husband and child think of me.
-Pray more, want less.
-Exercise more, eat less.
-Nurture friendships, new and old. Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold. ;)
-Spend more time being creative and less time on the computer, Ipod, Blackberry, tv, etc...
-Find ways to spend time as a family without spending a lot of $$$$.
-Blog more. Or at least scrapbook/journal more since blogging kinda goes against goal #5. I look back at the pictures of when Emma was a baby and the stories I have for each of them. These days the photos just end up in a box waiting to be sorted.
-Focus on capturing the memory, not the picture.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Still here checking..... thanks for the update! Looks like you guys had some fun times.