Monday, January 25, 2010

Eat dessert first!

Yesterday at church our pastor gave a sermon on Psalms 90. The message was essentially about how short our lives are and how we need to make them count. He also mentioned that we should treat ourselves more often-by having dessert first! Emma and I were already planning on going to lunch after church while Ryan went to a hockey game so it was fun to surprise her with dessert as our appetizer. We rarely get dessert at all so this was a double bonus!

The dessert was great and so was our lunch but what was really amazing was the time Emma and I spent just talking and hanging out. Panera was packed, of course, so Emma and I ended up sitting in the armchairs by the fireplace. It was such a change of pace to sit back and chat and instead of focusing on the food, we focused on each other. In these precious moments when I see Emma acting and talking like a big girl I really do realize just how fast time goes. Don't get me wrong--I am not a perfect mom and Emma is not a perfect kid, but on this day, at this lunch, I felt like we were doing a pretty good job.

No comments: