Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Emma!


I know it's been a while but I'm back. I hope people are still reading! Emma started school a few weeks ago so I am glad to be back to my normal routine.

Today is Emma's birthday so she woke up early (not holding my breath for that to happen again). I made her pancakes with sprinkles and she opened one of her presents. It was a webkinz that looks like Kiki. We had to put our cat, Kiki, to sleep a few months ago and Em is really missing her. The webkinz' tail has a little orange tip just like Kiki did. We both had tears in our eyes when Emma opened it. The Birthday Fairy dropped by a present too (another webkinz that Emma has been wanting) and Emma was so excited. I think Nana had to go to work too early to see Emma this morning! Emma got calls from everyone (even uncle Matt on his way to school!) which made her feel so special.

Emma at 7

~ You have learned to tie your shoes-just in time for school to start. It took a little longer for you since you hardly ever wear shoes with laces. We are all about flip flops and slip ons around here!

~You are reading a lot more these days. It's so funny to hear you in the car reading signs as we go by or reading the words on your CD's and DS games all by yourself.

~Most nights I wake up with you squeezed into bed with us. Funny how you always end up on my side of the bed.

~You are quite a sassy pants lately. I am trying to remember to be a good example and stay patient with you. I know my attitude isn't always perfecy so I can't expect yours to be. We will work on this one together little girl.

~You love music and singing. You don't go anywhere without your "Ipod" and you want to be a rock star when you grow up. You are quite the little songwriter and love strumming on your guitar.

~You are very creative. You love to do any kind of art project and are bummed that you haven't gotten to do much at school yet this year. You love to scrapbook with me and you just discovered a love for photography. I wonder where you got that from?

My sweet girl, I love you so much more than I can even say. I am so proud to be your mom and I can't wait to see how you grow and change this year. Loves!

We have lots of birthday celebrations coming up this weekend. I have always loved that her birthday falls on Labor Day weekend so we can celebrate with everyone and still have some down time. I will be taking Emma's 7 year pictures at Ewing Manor tomorrow. I hope I can do justice to the amazing setting. Emma is excited to be going to "the castle" so hopefully she will be in a good mood! I will post pictures soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

first off, HAPPY BDAY TO EMMA!!

that is so sweet that you got her a kiki webkinz. i dont think i knew that you guys had to put her down. :( i hope things are going well for you! miss our weekly chats. we will have to get back into that routine. :)

Unknown said...

I'm really sorry to hear about kiki. :( I didn't know until I read the blog. It's so hard to lose pets.

Even thought you say Emma wasn't into her photo shoot this year, I think the ones you posted look great!